Yet another TBR, Sifa? Well, yes – I read a lot and I am lucky enough to have a fast reading speed. I’m also using these posts as a chance to update about reading generally, without the specific focus of the monthly round-ups.
I’m writing this, preparing to go back north to York, as I try to work out what gets the precious space in my suitcase (and procrastinating packing!). My reading plan this last week has simply been to read the heaviest and most awkwardly shaped books.
In the three-and-a-half weeks since posting The TBR; Part Two, I’ve finished a number of books off both The TBR; Part One and Part Two:
- THE QUEENS OF INNIS LEAR, by Tessa Gratton
- THE COLD IS IN HER VEINS, by Peternelle van Arsdale
- THE DEVIL’S THIEF, by Lisa Maxwell
- THE FEVER KING, by Victoria Lee
- THE SONG OF ACHILLES, by Madeline Miller
- SMOKE IN THE SUN, by Renee Ahdieh
- THE WALL OF STORMS, by Ken Liu
- CIRCLE OF SHADOWS, by Evelyn Skye
This list doesn’t include the previous books in series re-read, or the newly-acquired books I also read. Does this explain why I didn’t get so much revision done? Yes. Should I have done more university work? Yes. Do I regret it? I’m not sure.
I also decided to remove a few books from my TBR:
- Having re-read FALLING KINGDOMS, by Morgan Rhodes, I decided I didn’t particularly want to continue reading the series, which removed IMMORTAL REIGN (and the other books in the series)
- I decided that I’m not sufficiently interested by THE GIRL IN THE TOWER blurb to go and buy (or ferret out from the library) the first book (THE BEAR AND THE NIGHTINGALE).
Only one new release this time!
- SHADOWSCENT (THE DARKEST BLOOM), by P. M. Freestone
New Backlist Books:
A couple of these I bought because a friend was raving about them. And I might have read some of these rather than finishing my other books, because well… these books looked so good (or I thought it was too heavy to take to York!). The rest are most likely being packed, even if it means leaving other items behind.
- A STUDY IN CHARLOTTE, by Bethany Carvallaro, gifted by the lovely Moon Kestrel
- ILLUMINAE, by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- SKY IN THE DEEP, by Adrienne Young
- SORCERER TO THE CROWN, by Zen Cho
- MUSE OF NIGHTMARES, by Laini Taylor
- CIRCE, by Madeline Miller
- THE WINNER’S KISS, by Marie Rutoski
Once I’d finished all my previous eARCS, I went on a Netgalley spree, as you do. Since being approved for one of these books, I’ve heard some terrible things about it, so I’m tossing up whether I’ll actually read it.
- CROWN OF FEATHERS, by Nicki Pau Preto
- THE SECRET RUNNERS OF NEW YORK, by Mathew Rielly
- NOCTURNA, by Maya Motayne
I also got approved for THE FEVER KING, which I’d forgotten I’d requested so bought a copy. I read my copy (because I prefer physical books), but still sent feedback. The same is true for LADY SMOKE which, while not out yet, I do have a pre-order for so I might wait. It depends on the progress I make with other eARCs.
What are you reading? Have you read any of these books? What did you think?